Classically trained artist Rachel Vynne welcomes you to a programme of drawing based upon her training in Florence.
Following in the footsteps of many of the great artists since the late 19th century, students will copy from a set of Charles Bargue lithographs. These lithographs were developed to give a student of art a thorough understanding of technique, thereby equipping them with the foundation of excellence in their practice.
Working at their own pace, students of all abilities will complete four lithographs in pencil, each assignment progressively teaching the student how to measure accurately, articulate shapes and create volume.
Small class sizes.
If you have any further enquiries about the course or to put your name down, please dont hesitate to contact us
This introductory drawing will give students the basics of all of the elements to come.
- An introduction to accurate measuring.
- Blocking in a drawing and use of line.
- Begin to understand the use of lights and darks to create form.
The second drawing will develop the techniques learnt in your stage one drawing, the drawing will be more complex.
- To reinforce the techniques learnt in stage one.
- Looking more closely at line weight
- Beginning to look at and model smaller forms in the lights.
The stage three drawing will build your skills further with the addition of comparative measurement, producing a drawing larger in scale. Comparative measurement can then be applied to other types of drawing to help produce accurate results for realist type drawings.
- To build further, skills learnt in previous drawings
- To introduce comparative measuring.
By now a competent level of understanding will hopefully be achieved in all elements of the techniques. This final stage will combine everything in a more complex image.
- Accurate comparative measuring
- A thorough understanding of modelling the big forms and smaller descriptive forms.
- Precise articulation and beautiful line work.
Optional line drawing
This exercise intrudes the student to some of the elements of figure drawing. Using comparative measuring a larger scale drawing will be created which is gestural and lively..
- The student will learn about the importance of gesture.
- Measuring accurate proportions.
- How to use expressive line to create a lively, beautiful drawing.